I just cut the leaves off leaving a small stem and wash the turnips, no need to peel them because the skin is tender.
Pan roasting is so easy and the flavors and caramelization that develop just makes this dish extra yummy.
This is so easy ~
1. Select small red potatoes the same size as the turnips
2. Add some other veggies you like – I added baby carrots because I like them and they’re orange. I also added some broccoli because that’s my daughters favorite, plus it’s a great color contrast for my dish.
3. This step is for parboiling the veggies to soften them up first. In my skillet I added my veggies to salted, boiling water. Cook to an al dente’ texture. If the veggies have different cooking times, add the softer ones in latter. You still want the veggies firm because they will continue to cook when roasted.
4. Drain off the water, wipe the skillet dry and heat up on stove. To the hot skillet, add olive oil and a little bit of butter. Toss in all the veggies; salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat. Tossing lightly.
5. Continue cooking until the veggies reach their desired doneness.