If you have been reading my posts you probably know by now that I really like strawberries. I buy then every week at farmers market from Bob, “the strawberry guy. ”
|This is Strawberry Bob and his helper Reyes|
Bob likes to give out advice and one bit of information he has given me is how to take care of my strawberries once I get them home. His simple tip has saved me from throwing my berries away because they didn’t keep well. Here’s a well known fact about Bob, he likes to eat at Olive Garden.
Strawberry Bob’s Tip –
1. First and foremost – Do Not Wash The Strawberries – wash them when you are ready to eat them.
2. Get a flat container with a lid large enough to hold the berries in a single layer
3. Put a layer of paper towel on the bottom of the container
4. Put the strawberries on top
5. Put another piece of paper towel on top of the strawberries
6. Cover with the lid and put in the fridge
7. When you take the strawberries out of the fridge to eat wipe off the condensation on the lid – berries do not like moisture.
Try this and you will have beautiful strawberries for a week.
Here are what is left of my strawberries six days later. They are still fresh and beautiful.