Chicken Garlic Caprese Flatbread
Here is a simple and tasty flatbread that is perfect for a snack or a meal, Topped with tender chicken, feta and parmesan cheese, ripe tomatoes and basil make this flatbread fresh and flavorful.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 large flatbread enough for 4 servings
- 1 small chicken breast, or leftover or rotisserie chicken need about 1 cup chopped
- 3 tbls corn oil
- 1 tbls chopped garlic, about 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tbls grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped basil, fresh
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 tbls red or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbls Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, dried basil, parsley, oregano, paprika mix or match herbs to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Season and cook the chicken then chop into small pieces to make 1 cup. You can also use leftover or rotisserie chicken.
In a small saucepan add the corn oil and the chopped garlic. Cook of over low heat for about 5 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
Slice the tomatoes and chop the basil. Mix together and add pepper to taste.
Place the flatbreads on a sheet pan. Brush with the garlic oil then top with the chopped chicken and both kinds of cheese.
Bake for about 12 minutes, until the cheeses start to brown. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and top with the tomato-basil mixture. Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes longer.
Cut the flatbreads into fourths and serve hot from the oven.