Mini Swiss Cheese Quiches
These bite-sized mini Swiss Cheese Quiches perfect for breakfast, brunch, and appetizers. They bake up golden brown outside with a savory egg custard inside.
Servings 24 quiches
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup red pepper, small dice
- 1 1/2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
Making the pie dough
In a large bowl mix the flour and salt.
Add the cold cubed butter and shortening to the flour mixture. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into the flour until the butter is pea size.
Start adding the water one tablespoon at a time and mix with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
Turn the dough onto a floured surface. Cut into two disks and roll each pie crust into a large circle, then using a 2 1/2" cutter, cut 24 circles to fit into the mini muffin pans.
Press each circle into the well of the muffin pan. I use a dough tamper that makes this easy.
Making the quiches
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. You need mini muffin pans, enough for 24 quiches.
Add a tablespoon of the Swiss cheese to each cup. Top with the red pepper and chives.
In a small bowl beat the two eggs then add the milk and salt. Pour this mixture into each cup filling nearly to the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the quiches are golden brown.
Cool slightly then remove from the muffin tin. Serve warm
- How to bake and freeze the Mini Swiss Cheese Quiche for later
- Bake the quiches as shown in the recipe and then cool completely
- Remove the quiches from the pan to a plate or tray and place in the freezer for an hour
- Once the quiches are frozen place in a freezer bag or wrap in foil
- When ready to serve, take the quiches straight from the freezer, place on a cookie sheet and reheat for 10 minutes at 375 degrees
- How to make the recipe ahead to bake for later
- Put the pie crust in the muffin pan, add the cheese, red pepper and chives.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator
- Mix the egg, milk, and salt in a measuring cup and cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven. Pour the milk over into the cups and bake for 25 minutes.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.7g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 10.6g | Saturated Fat: 5.1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 30mg | Calcium: 650mg