Easy Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Make this simple Graham Cracker Pie Crust for your next cream pie or cheesecake. You will love the fresh flavor of graham crackers with a hint of brown sugar. So much better than store-bought.
Servings 1 9" pie crust
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers Use approximately 10 sheets or use boxed graham cracker crumbs. You can also use digestive biscuits.
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
If using graham cracker sheets, break them up and grind in a small food processor. You can also place the graham cracker sheets in a ziplock back and crush with a rolling pin.
Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl and add the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix all together with a fork until the mixture is coated in the butter and looks crumbly.
Pour the graham cracker crumbs into a 9" or 10" pie plate. and using the bottom of a measuring cup start pressing down on the crumbs to
With your fingers or the bottom of a cup press the crumbs evenly all around the pie plate; bottom and sides. You can use a spoon to press in the sides of the crust. You want the crumbs to be compact so the crust does not crumble when cut.
No-Bake Graham Cracker Crust
For a Baked Graham Cracker Crust
- For the sugar in the recipe - instead of using half brown sugar and half white sugar, you can make the recipe using just one type of sugar.
- Digestive biscuits can be used instead of graham cracker crumbs.
- When pressing down on the cracker crumbs in the pie plate, you want them compressed enough to be firm, but if they are too compressed you won't be able to cut the crust once it is baked.
Prepare ahead and chill or freeze
You can make the pie crust in the pan and freeze a baked and unbaked crust. Cover the pan with foil and place in the freezer. To use just set out on the counter and let the crust thaw.
You can also place the covered pie plate in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- You can use different flavors of graham crackers such as honey or chocolate
- Add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie spice, cardamom
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.8g | Fat: 8.7g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 192mg