Flaky Oat Tea Biscuits
A very flavorful biscuit with hints of orange flavor.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbls. packed brown sugar or coconut date sugar
- 1 tbls. quick cooking oats
- 1 bag of Constant Comment Tea
- For the Biscuits:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 1/2 tbls. packed brown sugar or coconut date sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 bags of Constant Comment Tea Bags-emptied
- 4 tbls. cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk plus additional for brushing biscuit tops
- Orange Honey Butter:
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 tbls. honey
- 1/2 tsp. orange juice.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Stir together all the topping ingredients and set aside.
Stir together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Cut in the butter until the size of peas.
Stir in the buttermilk with a fork.
Gather up the dough on put on a floured surface.
Roll the dough to a 1/2" thick round
Cut into circles with a 3" cutter and place rounds on a baking sheet.
Brush each round with additional buttermilk and sprinkle with topping mixture.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned
Prepare Honey Butter:
Mix together the ingredients to spreading consistency.