This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummertimeTasty #CollectiveBias
Desserts, we all love them. There is something about having a delicious little treat after a meal. By dessert time everyone is relaxed, the conversations are lively or intimate, and the dessert seems to bring us all together. Today’s recipe for Crunchy Banana Almond Ice Cream Balls with Honey Cinnamon Drizzle is a bit decadent and is guaranteed to bring smiles to your table. No matter how much we love luscious desserts, spending countless hours in the kitchen creating a treat with lots of ingredients is not always fun. And in the middle of summer, turning on the oven is that last thing you want to do! Today’s recipe has just five ingredients, requires very little prep work, and you don’t need to turn on the oven. How can a dessert with just five ingredients be so delicious? Take a stroll down the cereal aisle of Walmart to find the latest flavor of the new Honey Bunches of Oats® Banana Bunches cereal. See it? Right there? Now grab that box and put it in your shopping cart. To make purchasing this cereal even sweeter you can earn cash back with this Ibotta offer Ibotta offer. This great New Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal featuring Banana Bunches with Almonds is the latest flavor that is sure to make your morning sweeter. You won’t want to miss all the flavors and textures in this cereal — the crispy flakes, bananas baked into the oat clusters, and the toasted almonds — combine to make a perfect coating for these ice cream balls. And the best part…well, there are two best parts. First, the cereal makes this recipe extra easy. Second, you can have the rest of the cereal for breakfast or a snack because this is a flavor you won’t want to miss.
~5 Simple Ingredients ~
- Ice Cream – Choose your favorite flavor! I’m using French Vanilla
- New Honey Bunches of Oats® Banana Bunches cereal – look for this at your local Walmart
- Butter – The butter adds flavor and richness
- Honey – Just to add some sweetness to the dessert
- Cinnamon – Because we all need some spice in our lives!
Let’s go into the kitchen and grab some ice cream from the freezer. The first step is to make the ice cream balls is to scoop about a 1/3 – 1/2 a cup of ice cream then put in a muffin tin lined with paper liners, this way you can easily get the ice cream balls out of the tin. And, if it’s 100 degrees outside like today, work fast. Freeze the ice cream balls for an hour or until firm. While the ice cream is refreezing, make the crunchy topping. Put 4 cups of the New Honey Bunches of Oats® Banana Bunches cereal in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Next melt the butter in a skillet, add the crushed cereal, and toast on medium heat stirring constantly for about 6-8 minutes. Transfer the toasted cereal to a pan or bowl to roll the ice cream balls in. Now the fun begins. Get the ice cream balls from the freezer and remove the paper liners, roll the ice cream in the cereal until it is nice and coated. You can press the cereal into the ice cream to create a nice thick coating and that helps make the balls round. Put the coated ice cream ball back in the muffin tin. I still use the paper liners just to make serving and clean up easier. Since it is so hot in Northern California today, I kept the muffin tin in the freezer and as I rolled the ice cream I put the coated ball directly in the freezer. It worked like a charm. No melty ice cream balls. That’s it, now let the coated ice cream balls refreeze. Ready for the recipe ~
Crunchy Banana Almond Ice Cream Balls with Honey Cinnamon Drizzle
Making Ice Cream Balls
- With a large ice cream scoop make six 1/2 cup rounded scoops of ice cream and immediately place in freezer. I like to put the scoops in paper muffin cups then put these in a pan in the freezer for easier handling.
- Let the ice cream balls freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Coarsely crush the cereal to make smaller pieces. The easiest way is to place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a large skillet melt the butter, then add the crushed cereal and toss to coat. Cook on medium heat for 6 - 8 minutes to lightly toast the cereal, stir constantly. Pour the toasted cereal into a deep bowl to cool.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Coating The Ice Cream Balls
- One at a time roll the frozen ice cream balls in the cereal to evenly coat then immediately put back into the freezer and freeze until firm.
- Place the ice cream ball on a small serving plate and drizzle with the honey-cinnamon mixture.
Serving the Crunchy Banana Almond Ice Cream Balls with Honey Cinnamon Drizzle
When the ice cream balls are nice and firm, remove the paper liners, place in your favorite bowls and drizzle the honey cinnamon on top. Dessert is meant to be shared with friends and family. These ice cream balls are simply fun to make and fun to eat. My daughter and I shared them for an afternoon dessert in the garden. Why not share them with your family? Cool creamy and covered in crunchy sweetness. As always, enjoy your time eating delicious food. You can find more information about the NewHoney Bunches of Oats® Banana Bunches with Almonds right here. Thanks to Walmart for always having my favorite cereal on the shelves. Here is your Ibotta offer to get your box of cereal. © 2018 Post Consumer Brands, LLC