Peaches are at their peak right now and I can’t seem to get enough of them. I love a perfectly ripe peach and its sweet fragrance that entices you to take a bite, and then you know what happens; juice starts running down your chin and all over your fingers….oh how delightful.
What is even more delightful is using fresh peaches for to make this super creamy Fresh Peach Blackberry Ice Cream the No Churn Way. The no churn ice cream method turns out a sweet and creamy ice cream and no major equipment is needed, just mix your ingredients together and freeze.
What I love about peaches are all the varieties, colors and shapes. Right now the farmer’s market tables are piled high with such a great assortment. Yellow, white, fuzzy, not fuzzy, clingstone, freestone, donut, there are so many varieties of peaches and personally I like them all.
This is a must try recipe for all you peach lovers because it delivers on flavor. Try mixing two kinds of peaches like a yellow and white peach for a different taste. You can puree the peaches or leave them in little chunks, either way, I promise you will love the results.
If you haven’t made ice cream the no churn way it’s super easy. The base is whipping cream that is whipped stiff and then combined with sweetened condensed milk and your favorite flavoring, it’s just so easy.
First, put your dish in the freezer so it will be nice and cold when you add the ice cream. For this recipe, I chopped and mashed the peaches and added them to the whipped cream mixture. For the blackberries, I merely just dropped them into the ice cream as I poured it in the dish.
Since the blackberries are hidden in the layers of ice cream it is a surprise when you scoop them up and get a beautiful berry.
Freeze for about 6 hours and enjoy in a cup or cone.
- 3 - 4 medium sized ripe peaches
- 1-pint blackberries
- 2 cups heavy whipped cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Prefreeze the ice cream container
- Peel and dice the peaches or if you want a smooth textured ice cream you can puree the peaches
- Whip the heavy cream in a large bowl until the cream is very thick
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk
- Fold in the diced or pureed peaches and mix until combined
- Pour the peach ice cream in layers adding the blackberries for each layer. The amount of blackberries to add is your preference. You can add a lot or a little.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours.
Here is to the joy of peaches and eating ice cream!