Here they are, one of my favorite treats and one of the most requested desserts to bring to parties. Pecan Tassies are sweet little pecan pies but only on the smaller size. Take one bite and you will see what I am talking about, the crust is buttery and flaky and the golden pecan filling is totally luscious.
Just like a pecan pie
sweet treats with a caramel filling and pecans
A little history for you because you might be wondering what is a tassie.
A tassie is a very cute name for a miniature pie or tart originating in the 1700s in the south. The difference between pecan tassies and pecan pie is the tassies are made with brown sugar instead of corn syrup.
I am still using the recipe my mother wrote out on a piece of paper from 40 years ago, and I remember the first time she made these tassies. Isn’t it amazing how food and memories go together? I love hearing how someone’s grandma made gingerbread men every year for Christmas, or how a great aunt made the most amazing bread. Old recipes from years ago are meant to be remade and cherished.
These tarts are really the perfect dessert, you can pick them up to eat, no fork required, they look impressive on a dessert table, they make the perfect dessert gift for the holidays and these classic treats are everyone’s favorite. You will be everybody’s favorite baker when you serve these tassies.
Here’s are the sweet ingredients you need for these Pecan Tassies.
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
This page may contain affiliate links, please see my full disclosure policy for details.
This recipe is really simple and uses basic ingredients.
- Mix up your dough and press the balls into the miniature muffin tin.
- My tart dough tamper makes forming the dough super fast.
- Add some pecans, then the filling, and top with more pecans and bake.
You may want to make an extra batch because these tassies go fast.
I love how simple family recipes hold fond memories that last generations
Pecan Tassie Crust
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups AP, flour
Pecan Tassie Crust
- Mix the butter and cream cheese together. Add in the flour and mix to combine.
Pecan Tassie FIlling
- In a bowl, add the eggs and lightly whisk.
- Mix in the brown sugar, melted butter, salt, and vanilla.
Making the Pecan Tassies
- Divide the dough into 48 balls and shape into the mini muffin tins.
- Sprinkle each crust with pecans
- Spoon in the filling to fill 2/3 full, then top with more pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. When tassies are done remove from the oven and run a knife around the edges to release from the muffin cups. Let cool then remove from the pans.
Sweet Minature Pecan Pies
Once you pop the tassies out of the pan they are ready to eat. I will warn you they are totally addicting and I have learned to hide these or else everyone will eat them before my parties. Today I made a batch just for us to eat and enjoy with our tea.
These miniature muffin tins are what you need to make these Pecan Tassies and don’t forget the handy tart dough tamper.
I made you a pin to add to your Pinterest dessert board so you can easily find this recipe later.
Need more dessert inspiration? These are some of my favorites bite-sized treats.
Always cherish the moments of baking with your family.
Blessings ~ Jere’