It’s fall and the pumpkins are everywhere; I love it. I love the color of fall, falling leaves, the cooler weather and all things made with pumpkin. So the first thing I decided to make this fall is my favorite pumpkin cranberry bread with orange glaze. If you like quick breads give this recipe a try, it is packed with the flavor from pumpkin, cranberries and lots of spices. Plus, this recipe makes two loaves so after you bake them you can eat one now and freeze one for later.
This recipe uses canned cranberry sauce, so I am not a big fan of canned cranberries, but with this recipe I make the exception. I like how moist it makes this bread and it’s full of lots of cranberries.
Like all recipes gather all your ingredients first. Here are some of the main ingredients and of course you will need flour, sugar, oil and some spices.
In a large bowl mix all your dried ingredients together. Here is the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves…all the good stuff that will make your bread extra tasty and yes, your house will smell like warm baked goodness.
Mix your wet ingredients together; pumpkin, cranberry sauce, eggs, and oil, and don’t forget the pecans.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
I needed to take some goodies to work so I baked some of my bread in this pan that makes everything in a triangle shape. I use it all the time for brownies, cookies and scones.
Look what came out of my oven, cute don’t ya think?
But wait there’s more…
Mmmm, covered in a sweet orange glaze.
This bread is moist, spicy and full of cranberries and pecans, perfect with a hot cup of tea on a cool fall day. Do you have a can of pumpkin in your cupboards? I have two more ready to go for some pie, or maybe muffins. Stay tuned.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread with Orange Glaze
- Bread Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 - 16 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 - 16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease two 9 x 5 loaf pans
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl mix the pumpkin, cranberry sauce, pecans and oil.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat. Pour the eggs into the pumpkin bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pans
- Bake for 60 - 70 minutes, test with a toothpick
- Cool the bread in the pans for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together
- When the bread is completely cooled drizzle the glaze on top of the bread.