This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PaceTacoNight #CollectiveBias
I’m going to let you in on a secret. Are you ready? Here goes…We don’t do Taco Night in my house.
What? you gasp. You don’t have Taco Night Tuesdays?
No, you misunderstand. We don’t do Taco Night. We do Taco Nights. Taco Night Tuesday, Taco Night Wednesday, Taco Night Thursday…you get the picture.
Celebrate Taco Night with Mini Chicken Taco Cups
Taco Night Rules
When you’re eating as many tacos as my family is, there are two things to keep in mind:
- Keep your recipes simple, yet tasty
- Keep things interesting
These Mini Chicken Taco Cups are the perfect answer! They have all the flavor of a taco in a neat, bite-size morsel. Perfectly seasoned beans and chicken, melty Cotija cheese, and a bold kick of flavor from the Pace® salsa on top. These taco cups also come together in under 30 minutes.
You can also customize the toppings and the spiciness to your liking. I use Pace® Medium Picante Sauce and Pace® Medium Chunky Salsa because they have the perfect level of spicy for my family and Pace® is America’s Favorite Salsa for Tacos (trust me, my family knows about salsa). Mix more salsa into the chicken and refried beans for a bolder experience. Replace the chicken with a different meat or meat alternative. Leave out the guac or cilantro if those aren’t your thing.
Simple, tasty, and definitely not your average taco. Your Taco Tuesdays are about to get a lot more interesting.
As you start planning your next Tuesday night dinner party (hint: you’re serving tacos and you don’t actually need to invite any guests), add these items to your grocery list and you’ve got all you need for the perfect bite-size appetizer. Or dinner. Or dessert. Can you eat tacos for dessert? Why not.
- Pace® Medium Picante Sauce, 24 oz.
- Refried beans
- Chicken (rotisserie chicken is great for this)
- Cotija cheese
- Sour cream
- Cilantro (for garnish)
I love buying my groceries at Walmart and you can find your favorite Pace® Salsas and Sauces in the Hispanic food section.
So whatever day of the week you celebrate Taco Tuesday, make sure you’ve got this recipe and your favorite Pace® salsa ready to go. Remember: Tuesdays are for Tacos. Tacos are for Pace®. Fiesta on!
How to make Mini Taco Cups with Tortillas
The easiest way to make the taco cups is to cut small size rounds from 11″ flour tortillas. To cut 5″ round tortillas I use a plastic container as a cutter. Nothing fancy, but it works, so just look around your kitchen.
Place a 1/2 tsp. of olive oil in the bottom of each cup of a muffin pan and press in the tortilla circles, then bake for 5-7 minutes. This helps crisp up the tortilla before you put the filling inside.
Next fill each cup with the seasoned refried beans, shredded chicken and Cotija cheese.
While the taco cups are baking prepare your toppings. My favorites are Pace® Medium Picante Sauce, sour cream, guacamole and a sprinkling of cilantro. All the great flavors you will find in a taco.
Baked and ready to serve.
Let me entice you some more.
Ready, let’s make something tasty
Mini Chicken Taco Cups
Poaching Chicken for Shredding
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparing the taco filling
- Preheat oven to 425 °. Use a 12 cup standard muffin pan.
- With a 5" round cutter, cut 3-4 rounds from the tortillas
- Place a 1/4 tsp. of olive oil in the bottom of each muffin-pan cup. Press the tortilla into the cup. Bake the tortillas for 5-7 minutes until golden brown
- Place the shredded chicken a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of Pace® Medium Picante Sauce.
- Mix the refried beans, with 2 tablespoons of Pace® Medium Picante Sauce, cumin and garlic powder.
Assembling the Taco Cups
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the refried bean filling in the bottom of each taco shell. Next place 1 tablespoon of shredded chicken and top with Cotija cheese crumbles.
- Bake the taco cups for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Garnishing the Taco Cups
- Top each taco cup with sour cream, Pace® Medium Picante Sauce, guacamole and cilantro.
Poaching Chicken for Shredding
- In a large pot place the chicken in the bottom and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cover the chicken with 1" of water
- Put the pot on the stove and bring to a gentle boil. Next, turn the heat down so the water comes to a simmer and cook for 8-12 minutes. The temperature should register 165°
- When done remove the chicken to a plate to cool slightly. Shred the chicken by using two forks to pull the meat apart. If the shreds are too long for your recipe you can dice the chicken.
Taco night has never tasted so good!
Add a simple Mexican Corn Salad to the taco night menu for a tasty and colorful side dish.
Here’s a hint on making a salad dressing for the corn salad. Simply mix your favorite ranch dressing with a spoonful of Pace® Salsa or Picante Sauce to add some extra flavor to your salad.
Now that you have this delicious recipe for Mini Chicken Taco Cups and your favorite salsa, it’s time for a Taco Party.
Don’t forget to Pin for later for your next taco night.
No matter what night it is, make sure to celebrate with great food.