Whenever I’m feeling stressed, I turn to my two comfort foods — peanut butter and chocolate. These fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies are the perfect combination! Imagine a gooey chocolate brownie with a peanut butter cup in the middle. I don’t know about you, but that’s exactly what I need right now.
This page may contain affiliate links, please see my full disclosure for policy details.
This dessert is incredibly easy to make because I used a brownie mix from a box.
What?! I used a box brownie mix? But I run a baking blog!
That’s right! And as a baking blogger, I hereby give you permission to make brownies (or anything you like) from a box mix. Mixes are easy, quick, and affordable. Also, brownie mixes taste really good, especially when you mix in peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. If you’re busy or just don’t have the energy to cook, a box mix is a great option.
If you do want to make these brownies from scratch, just substitute the box mix with your favorite recipe! No matter what mix you use you will have a tasty dessert with a winning combination of flavors.
6 ingredients for a decadent dessert
Your shopping list
This easy brownie recipe uses a few ingredients that you’ll find in your pantry. To make them, you’ll need:
- A box of brownie mix
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter cups
Fun brownie facts
- Brownies are considered a bar cookie
- Brownies are an American dessert
- Of all places, the first brownie recipe was published in 1897 in the Sears catalog
Let’s bake some brownies
The great thing about this recipe is it takes no time to make so it’s perfect for those times you want a quick dessert.
Step 1. To make this easy recipe, start by unwrapping your peanut butter cups. You’ll need to set aside eight for the brownies, but feel free to eat the rest.
Step 2. Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
Step 3. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, oil, beaten eggs, and water. Mix until ingredients are just combined.
Step 4. Add in the chocolate chips!
Step 5. Grease an 11″ by 8″ baking dish. Pour half of your brownie batter into the pan and spread into the pan. Now layer in your eight peanut butter cups. Pour in the rest of the batter and spread over the pan, then put the pan in the oven to bake.
Step 6. Bake these brownies for 25 to 30 minutes. They’ll need to cool for a few minutes, but they’re best eaten warm right out of the pan.
Indulge in the warm chocolate and peanut buttery goodness. I swear these brownies will make you forget about all the stress and worries in your life. Enjoy!
The two best flavors ever
More easy One Hot Oven recipes for you to enjoy
Want to make more chocolate desserts?
Nothing but chocolate with this Chocolate Cake Torte.
Decadent Chocolate Chips Cookies are rich and chewy.
Want more nutty desserts, One Hot Oven has them too!
Peanut Butter Cupcakes With Caramel Frosting is just plain decadent and honestly droolworthy.
If muffins are your thing try these easy to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- You can definitely use the mini-sized peanut butter cups, just space them out depending on the size of your baking dish.
- For the baking dish, I do not suggest any dish larger than 11″ x 8″, otherwise, you will not have enough batter for the two layers. Even though the box says you can use a 13″ x 9″ pan that is too big.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Add some espresso powder for some more in-depth flavor.
- Try chopping the peanut butter cups and layering them over the batter
- Instead of adding chocolate chips to the batter add white chocolate chips
A great dessert needs a pretty baking dish, this classic white 11 x 8 baking pan is the perfect size for dessert.
Easy To Make Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Prepare a baking dish that will hold 8 peanut butter cups. I use an 11" x 8" dish. Grease the bottom of the dish.
- Unwrap eight peanut butter cups from their wrapper and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the brownie mix, water, oil and the beaten egg and mix until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking pan, then top with the eight peanut butter cups. Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the top of the peanut butter cups and spread to cover.
- Bake the brownies for 25 - 30 minutes. When done let cool slightly then cut the brownies into 8 slices.
If you love baking as much as I do or may you need to give a gift for the foodie lover, Cratejoy has a fun subscription box full of all the ingredients to make delicious baked goods. This Fresh Baked Cookie Crate is always tasty.
Thank you for stopping by the One Hot Oven blog. Please leave a comment to say Hello or just let me know what you are baking these days.
From learning to cook on a farm in Indiana to culinary school in California, my passion for food is never-ending. Turning on my oven to bake something for friends and family is my happy place, and I am glad to be here at One Hot Oven sharing both sweet and savory recipes with all my baking friends.
Have any questions or just want to chat about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!