When you go to fairs or festivals do you ever buy a bag of kettle corn? I mean the really big bag. For some reason, I think for $2.00 more that really big bag is worth it. But I have realized you can just keep eating and eating that kettle corn and the bag is still full. Am I right? I have the solution for all that popcorn and it is these delicious No-Bake Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Bars.
Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Bar
For years, my friends have been selling their “Original Kettle Korn” at our local market. you know they are there from the trail of popcorn down the street. Rarely does a bag of their kettle corn make it home without someone getting into it right away. After all, who can resist a sweet and salty crunchy snack? Of course, I always stop by for a free sample, and before I know it they are filling up a humongous bag of fresh-made kettle corn for me.
Now if you find yourself with extra kettle corn these bars are super simple to make and are similar to Rice Krispie treats, a little chewy and gooey, but better.
But wait, it’s in the middle of the week and no one is making kettle corn, what to do? Just run to the store and grab a bag or even homemade kettle corn works great in this recipe.
This page may contain affiliate links, please see my full DISCLOSURE for policy details.–
The ingredients for these easy No-Bake Kettle Corn Bars are pretty simple
How to make Kettle Corn Bars
Steps to make the caramel sauce
Chocolate Caramel Kettle Corn Snack Bars
with a hint of salty
Once that creamy chocolate sets on top of the popcorn bars cut into squares and enjoy.
A great thing about these caramel and chocolate snack bars is they are gluten-free.
Favorite One Hot Oven recipes –
Browned Butter BlondiesBlondies are so simple to make and have a delicious caramel and butter flavor.
Baked Oatmeal with all the Fixins for breakfast or a snack.
No-Bake Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Bars
As an Amazon Associate I earn income from qualifying purchases.Share on Facebook Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
- 13 x 9 sheet pan
- Spray cooking spray in the bottom of a 13" x 9" pan
- In a large bowl mix the kettle corn, pecans and mini chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized saucepan mix the butter, sugars and sweetened condensed milk. Stir constantly over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and boil gently for 6 to 8 minutes until the caramel becomes a nice golden brown color and bubbly all over. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the kettle corn mixture with a wooden spoon that is sprayed with cooking spray.
- Once the mixture is combined pour into the 13" x 9" pan. Spread the mixture out in the pan and pack down with the wooden spoon until it is compact. Let cool.
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring each time until melted.
- Immediately pour the chocolate on top of the kettle corn mixture in the pan, and sprinkle with the Maldon Sea Salt (optional)
- After the chocolate has set up cut the bars into squares.
- Store at room temperature in a covered container for three days
Kettle Corn Bars with Sea Salt
The semi-sweet chocolate compliments the caramel, and the sea salt adds a zest to the bite, while the kettle corn gives a nice chewy texture.