There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies filling your home. Try this Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe when you want a few chewy cookies to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This page may contain affiliate links; please see my disclosure for policy details. I earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page.
Feed your cookie craving with our easy recipe for, chewy small batch chocolate chip cookies - perfect for small households. Just 12 delectable bites await. These chocolaty cookies bake up with a chewy center with crisp edges everyone loves.
If you want a whole batch of cookies, try these Chocolate Chip Roll-Out Cookies. Yes, it's true; you can make fun shapes with this cookie dough.
This recipe for Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies is a hearty cookie full of oatmeal and cacao nibs for a great crunch.
Why you will love these cookies
- A Dozen Cookies: Ideal when you don't want a huge batch, perfect for quick snacks.
- One-Bowl Wonder: Just one large bowl and a spoon - no need for an electric mixer, but it's an option.
- Quick & Easy: Ready in under 30 minutes, a classic cookie made simple.
- Golden Brown Delight: Savor the rich, buttery cookies with a hint of caramel from the brown sugar.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
This recipe takes your basic pantry ingredients, and like all cookies, make sure to add the baking soda and salt.
- All purpose flour - you can substitute this Gluten Free Flour.
- Unsalted butter - I always buy unsalted butter, but if you have salted butter, by all means, use it.
- Large egg- reserve the egg white, or did you know you can freeze egg whites?
- White sugar
- Dark brown sugar - this adds some chewiness to the cookie
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract - make sure to use a good quality vanilla.
How to make Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies: Step by Step
I hope you are ready for some warm-from-the-oven cookies. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Heat the oven and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2. Mix the room temperature butter in a large mixing bowl with both sugars.
Note: For this small batch recipe, you can mix the cookie dough with a wooden spoon or a hand mixer.
Step 3. Add just the egg yolk from a large egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
Step 4. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Mix until fully combined
Step 5. Scoop 12 cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet with a small cookie scoop. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. When done, set the cookies on a wire rack to cool. Or enjoy a warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.
Step 6. If you have leftover cookies, store them in an air-tight container for up to three days. You can also freeze the unbaked cookie dough balls.
So next time you're in the mood for something sweet but don't want to make an entire batch of cookies, consider trying these classic chocolate chip cookies that make the perfect amount. You won't regret it!
Want to change things up? Here are some inspirations to switch things up:
- Try milk chocolate chips or a mix of milk and dark chocolate chips.
- White chocolate chips mixed with dark chocolate chips make the perfect cookie.
- For a totally different taste, use butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips or cinnamon chips.
- Add chopped pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts for a nutty twist.
- Press the dough in an 8x8 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes for cookie bars.
Yes, you can, set the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 8-10 minutes. You will only be able to bake six cookies at a time.
More Favorite Cookies To Bake
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Heat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl mix the softened butter and both sugars together until creamy. Use a heavy spoon, or use a mixer.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in another small bowl. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips to the butter mixture. Stir, by hand, until combined.
- Drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop, or drop by using a large spoon. You should get 12 cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for three days.
- Milk chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts like pecans, walnut or macadamia nuts
- Peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips or cinnamon chips
First published: May 25, 2023, Last updated: Oct. 26, 2023 for better readability.
Thank you for stopping by the One Hot Oven blog. Please leave a comment to say hello or tell me what you are baking; I always love hearing from fellow bakers. Have any questions or want to chat about the recipe? Please visit my about page for information, and I’ll be happy to help!
From learning to cook on a farm in Indiana to culinary school in California, my passion for food is never-ending. Turning on my oven to bake something for friends and family is my happy place, and I am glad to be here at One Hot Oven sharing sweet and savory family-friendly recipes for your cooking and baking inspiration.