Cranberries are one of my favorite winter fruits, I just can’t resist that beautiful deep red color and the tartness of the berries. Right now I have three bags of cranberries in the fridge and trust me, next time I am at the market I will buy more. One bag is already spoken for because I am making my favorite super easy 3-Ingredient Cranberry Sauce.
How to serve cranberry sauce
- Use cranberry sauce as a side next to your turkey and dressing – it adds great flavor
- Spoon over baked chicken or ham for a sweet/tart sauce
- Mix into your morning bowl of yogurt – this will add some pizazz to your morning
- Top your ice cream with this beautiful red sauce
- Make cranberry crumble bars – recipe coming soon before I use up all my cranberries
- Top a wheel of brie with cranberry sauce -this is the best appetizer ever
- Mix it with apples, oranges, and pomegranates for a fruit salad
- Hey, you can just eat this sauce on its own because it is that good
You need 3 ingredients
- 1 bag of cranberries
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 orange
Now I have no problem if you decide to add a fourth and even a fifth ingredient like cinnamon or some cardamon and I have in the past, but today I am keeping this recipe simple because I like it this way the best.
Seriously, this cranberry sauce is so quick and easy to make there is no need to use the canned sauce. You can freeze bags of berries so you can make the sauce throughout the year, or your other favorite cranberry recipes. Or, if you prefer just freeze your cranberry sauce.
I love the ruby color of this sauce the orange zest on top.
More cranberry recipes
Apple Cranberry Galette – If you like pie this galette is a quick and easy alternative and in my opinion may be better.
Cranberry Winter Fruit Salad– This salad is bursting with flavors from the cranberries, oranges and apples.
Spiced Orange Cranberry Bread – You may want to make a double batch of this bread with orange and cranberries, it’s seriously good.
Don’t forget to pin for later, you know those times when you want to make a recipe you have found and then to forgot where you saw it.
3-Ingredient Cranberry Sauce
As an Amazon Associate I earn income from qualifying purchases.Share on Facebook Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
- 1 12 oz bag cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 orange
- Place cranberries and the sugar in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Zest half of the orange and set aside.
- Make slices of orange peel from the rest of the orange and add to the saucepan.
- Juice the orange and add to the saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir all the ingredients. Bring to a slight boil and when the cranberries start popping turn the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- The sauce is ready once the cranberries have softened and this will continue to thicken up after the sauce cools.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- Optional - serve with the reserved orange zest.
Follow One Hot Oven
Like what you see? Make sure you are following One Hot Oven for more tasty sweet and savory recipes!
Thank you for stopping by the One Hot Oven blog. Please leave a comment to say Hello or just let me know what you are baking these days, I always love hearing from fellow bakers.
Have any questions or just want to chat about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
From learning to cook on a farm in Indiana to culinary school in California, my passion for food is never-ending. Turning on my oven to bake something for friends and family is my happy place, and I am glad to be here at One Hot Oven sharing both sweet and savory recipes with all my baking friends.