Learning how to make jello cups is not difficult at all! Try making these Candy Corn Jello Cups for a hauntingly delicious treat. They are quick and easy to make; everyone will love the layers of tasty fun. They are perfect for autumn gatherings and your upcoming Halloween party.
This page may contain affiliate links; please see my disclosure for policy details. I earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page.
Elevate the spooky season with a fun dessert that’s easy to make with just four ingredients. Not only is this Jello recipe quick to make, but it’s also kid-friendly and tasty. Once you make this popular treat, everyone will be begging you to bring it to all your parties.
Reasons To Love This Recipe
- 👻These sweet treats are a great way to have fun layers of Jello in different colors.
- 👻They're a fun treat that little kids and adults can enjoy.
- 👻You can easily double the batch for larger gatherings!
- 👻Jello desserts are a fun little treat everyone can grab and enjoy from individual cups.
Layered Jello Ingredient
- Cool Whip - I like to use regular whipped topping for these homemade jello cups, but you can also use reduced fat and sugar-free as well. You can also use fresh whipped cream.
- Lemon jello - This makes the yellow layers for these festive desserts.
- Orange jello - To make the second layer, you'll want to pick up a box of orange jello.
- Candy corn - This is the special treat that you add right on top of these layered jello cups.
How To Make Halloween Candy Corn Jello Cups
Step 1. Set 6 plastic cups on a cookie sheet or tray so you can move them to and from the refrigerator.
Step 2. Add the dry lemon jello to a medium-sized bowl. Heat 1 cup of water until boiling, and pour the hot water over the gelatin powder; stir until dissolved. Then add 1 cup of cold water into the bowl and stir until combined.
Step 3. Before you pour it into the cups, check the temperature of the Jello mixture, as it should be warm to the touch. Add about ⅓ cup of the lemon jello to each cup.
Step 4. Place the tray with the cups into the fridge for about 1 hour or until firm.
Step 5. Once the yellow layer is firm, make the orange jello by repeating the steps above.
Step 6. Pour ⅓ cup of the orange gelatin on top of the lemon layer, then transfer to the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until set.
Step 7. Prepare a piping bag with a #1m or #2 star tip and fill it with Cool Whip. Swirl the topping onto the jello. Place a piece of candy corn on top, or use Halloween or fall-colored sprinkles if you prefer.
- Let the jello layers set up completely, and don't rush the recipe. The first layer must be completely set before you can add the top layer. While this is a great dessert for flavor, it's equally important to follow the steps for how it looks!
- You can easily use this recipe to transform it for other holidays. Use green and white to make Jell-O cups for St. Patrick's Day, use three layers to make rainbow jello cups, and don't forget that pink and white make the perfect combination for Valentine's Day. You can also make blue Jello cups and add gummy sharks for the perfect dessert for a summer party. This easy layered jello dessert has simple ingredients that can be altered to use over and over again.
- Change the flavor of jello - See what other fun flavors you can find that don't change the colors of jello. Pineapple Jello is a great alternative for the lemon flavor.
- Put them in small mason jars - You can make the flavors of jello really pop by forgetting the smaller glasses and using something larger as the base.
You can! As long as these Halloween Jello cups are made with orange and yellow, you can see what fun flavors you can find. That's the great thing about this fun recipe!
Absolutely. Adding vodka or rum is a great option if you want to turn these Jello cups into Candy Corn Jello Shots. Those two types of alcohol are common in this recipe and are a great adult-only option. Replace the cold water with the alcohol.
You can! If you know that you're going to be busy the day of the party, make them in advance and keep them stored in the fridge. Just be sure to have them in an airtight container so they don't take on any smell or scent of anything else in the fridge.
The great thing about these Halloween treats is that you don't need any special equipment.
More Fall Halloween Ideas
- Learn the little trick on getting the surprise filling inside these Halloween Sprinkle Sugar Cookies.
- Maple Spice Cakes with Maple Glaze Acorn Cakelets are perfect for your fall festivities.
- Bake this Pumpkin Spice Cake in a sheet pan that's easy to transport to all your parties.
- Turn your love of pumpkin spice lattes into a cool and creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream.
- These Apple Cupcakes are the prettiest fall colors treats, with creamy maple buttercream icing swirled on top for extra deliciousness.
You can store your Jello cups in the refrigerator for up to three days by placing them in an airtight container or covering them with plastic wrap. However, it’s important to note that the condensation may cause the candy corn to dissolve, so add the candy corn just before serving.
More To Make And Eat
Candy Corn Jello Cups
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 Disposable cups 9 ounce cups work best
- Set 6 cups on a cookie sheet or tray so you can move them to and from the refrigerator.
Lemon Jello Layer
- Add the dry lemon jello to a medium-sized bowl. Heat 1 cup of water until boiling, and pour over the jello powder; stir until dissolved. Pour 1 cup of cold water into the bowl and stir until combined.
- The mixture should be warm to the touch, and then can be poured into the cups. It should be about ⅓ cup of lemon jello for each container.
- Transfer the jello cups to the fridge for about 1 hour, or until set.
Orange Jello Layer
- Once the lemon jello is firm, make the orange jello by repeating the steps above.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the orange jello on top of the lemon layer, then transfer to the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or until set.
- Prepare a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Transfer the Cool Whip to the bag and pipe a large swirl on top of each orange layer, then top with a piece of candy corn.
- You can store your Jello cups in the refrigerator for up to three days by placing them in an airtight container or covering them with plastic wrap. However, it’s important to note that the condensation may cause the candy corn to dissolve, so add the candy corn just before serving..
- Simply spoon the whipped cream on top of the jello or try this method.
- To create a swirl effect with the Cool Whip, start by cutting off one corner of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Spoon the Cool Whip into the corner of the bag and use it to squeeze the Cool Whip into the cups.
Thank you for stopping by the One Hot Oven blog. Please leave a comment to say hello or tell me what you are baking; I always love hearing from fellow bakers. Have any questions or want to chat about the recipe? Please visit my About page for information, and I’ll be happy to help!
From learning to cook on a farm in Indiana to culinary school in California, my passion for food is never-ending. Turning on my oven to bake something for friends and family is my happy place, and I am glad to be here at One Hot Oven sharing sweet and savory family-friendly recipes for your cooking and baking inspiration.