Spiced Apple Cider Oatmeal Bread, doesn’t that sound good? This bread recipe is simple and delicious. and is mildly flavored with apple cider, and cinnamon for some spiciness and the oatmeal makes it moist and tender. Try a slice of this bread warmed up with a little bit of butter and a warm cup of apple cider for breakfast or a snack. Mmm, comfort food.
Oatmeal Bread with Apple Cider
I love making quick breads because they are easy. No need to wait around for the dough to rise, just mix, bake and let cool. After a visit to our local apple orchard Apple Hill in Camino today I not only came home with lots of juicy apples but apple cider too. I wanted to try using the cider in some of my baked items and came up with this delicious recipe for this easy to make Spiced Apple Cider Oatmeal Bread.
Ingredient to make this apple cider bread recipe
- Oats – Whole Oats or Quick Oats
- Apple Cider
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Apple Cider Oatmeal Bread Recipe
Step 1. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2. In a small saucepan add the oats and apple cider and bring to a boil then simmer for five minutes.
Soaking oats with apple cider plumps up the oats and infuses then with sweet apple flavor. I like using old fashion oats for the texture, but you can use quick oats too, just reduce the amount of apple cider to 1 cup. Simmer the oats and apple cider on the stove for 5 minutes and let cool. Take off the heat and put the oats into a large bowl to cool.
Step 3. Add the eggs, melted butter and brown sugar to the oats and stir to combine.
Step 4. Mix all the dry ingredients together then add the oatmeal mixture. Stir just until all the dry ingredients are combined.
Step 5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake. The bread bakes for about 45 – 55 minutes and comes out of the oven golden brown. Let the bread cool then top with the cinnamon glaze.
Right now my kitchen is smelling a bit like the apple orchard.
Want to take this bread up a notch, you can add all kinds of extra goodness to suit your tastes. Here are some tasty suggestions:
- Dried Cranberries or Raisins
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Nutmeg and Cloves
- Chopped Apples
Spiced Apple Cider Oatmeal Bread
- Grease a bread pan using a 9" x 5" pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine the oats and apple cider. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes to let the apple cider absorb into the oats.
- In a large bowl add the cooled oats, eggs, butter and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix just until blended and no flour shows.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Test with toothpick. Note: if using a different size loaf pan adjust the baking time.
- Cool bread on a wire rack for about 10 minutes then remove from pan.
Glazing the bread
- Mix all the ingredients for the bread in a small bowl and adjust the liquid to powdered sugar as needed to get the glaze consistency you like.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bread and enjoy.
Oatmeal Bread flavored with sweet apple cider
I just want to say to my reader how much I appreciate you reading and sharing my recipes. I hope you have an awesome apple orchard to visit and pick fresh apples. And, the time to sit and share this bread with family and friends.