“One Hot Oven is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
How do you take a simple ginger cookie and make it better? You add more ginger. I am a super big fan of ginger; I always have candied and ground ginger in my cupboard and a knob of ginger root in my freezer. These Triple Ginger Spice Cookies are loaded with three kinds of ginger, plus cloves and nutmeg to add even more flavor to these spicy chewy cookies.
Ginger oh how I love thee. Most mornings I put fresh ginger in my lemon water, it adds a zesty flavor and a bit of heat. I eat candied ginger for a snack, here’s my favorite. And, of course, I bake with all kinds of ginger. The spicy, peppery, lemony flavor of ginger adds great flavor to all kinds of dishes, both sweet and savory.
Want some ginger inspirations, here are more recipes that I love ~
- Banana Cream Cheese Cake Roll with Pecans, Cranberries, and Ginger
- Rich and Creamy Raspberry Ginger Posset
- Spicy Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Ready to make some cookie?
You need some spices – yes these cookies are full of ginger, of course; and nutmeg and cloves. Get ready to measure, grate and chop away.
This is a super easy cookie recipe, just mix the wet ingredients together and add the dry ingredients and the spices. The most important part of the recipe is letting the dough chill for an hour so all the flavors can develop.
Before you roll the dough, mix sugar and powdered ginger together. Form the dough into 1″ balls then roll in the ginger sugar.
Roll the dough in ginger sugar for some extra gingery flavor
I bake my cookies for 10 minutes and they come out nice and chewy. These cookies just don’t last long at my house. We start eating them warm from the oven. You can taste the ginger inside and out. The great thing about these cookies is they stay chewy.
Triple Ginger Spice Cookies
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, butter, molasses, and egg. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour, baking, soda, salt, grated ginger, candied ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix well to incorporate all the spices.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare cookie sheets with parchment.
- Mix the 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp. of powdered ginger in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls then roll in the ginger sugar. Place on baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 - 12 minutes, until set. Cool on a wire rack.
These cookies are easy to bake and great for sharing. Next time you have a Christmas party, tea party, cookie exchange or just want cookies to have cookies, try these Triple Ginger Spice Cookies, I promise they will be a hit.
I’m having a cup of tea with my cookies and I would love you to join me. I love Darjeeling tea with these cookies with its fragrant aroma and mild sweetness. If you love tea make sure you try both a first and second flush Darjeeling to compare the tastes. I love both.
Don’t forget to pin for later.
One of my favorite kitchen tools that I use is my zester. It’s such a handy tool for zesting and grating citrus and spices. And don’t forget the ginger. These ginger pieces are my favorite for baking and I love to nibble on the ginger for a snack. It’s sweet and spicy.
Thank you to all the cookie bakers out there. Let me know what cookies is your favorite.